Submission Deadline: March 01, 2021 at 18:00 hours
The World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) 2021 is now accepting abstracts for the WFNS 2021 Congress in Bogota, Colombia from August 29 to September 3, 2021.
The submission deadline for abstracts is March 01, 2021. Notification of abstract status will be e-mailed in May 30, 2021.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented only in English.
- Individuals should submit material only if they, or a designee, are committed to registering for and attending the conference to present the paper or poster.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit.
- There are two types of presentations: oral and poster presentation.
- All abstracts must have conclusion/results completed by the submission date. Abstracts describing data that have not yet been collected and/or analyzed as of the abstract deadline will be rejected
- Registration is not mandatory in the submission process. However, all presenters must be registered for the conference by June 30 - 2021, otherwise the abstract will not be included in the congress final program.
- You may indicate your presentation preference (oral or poster). The Abstract Selection Committee determines the final presentation format.
- Abstracts may be edited until the deadline for submission. After that date, no changes in content or authors may be made. Edits would include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes to the submissions are allowed; no exceptions.
- Abstracts selected for the WFNS 2021 cannot contain advertising, trade names or a product-group messages. Please include generic names or terms in your abstract content.
Information Required to Complete a Submission
- Main Author — Individual who is submitting the abstract. All correspondence will be done with the main author.
- Keywords (up to four)
- Abstract Body (300-word maximum) separated into:
- Objectives - At least two clear, and measurable learning objectives must be included with your abstract submission. Learning objectives are not included in the abstract word count.
- Background – A brief statement on why the study was conducted
- Methods – The method(s) of study or experimental approach must be briefly defined.
- Results – A summary of the study results, including sufficient details to support those conclusions must be described.
- Conclusions – A statement explaining the significance of the work and its implications for further research.
- List Authors — Up to 11 list authors can be included. Their full names with credentials, city and state or country must be included.
- Presentation Preference — Please note whether the preferred format is an Oral, poster, or both.
- Disclosure of conflict of interest — This is required for presenting author, as well as agreement with Terms and Conditions.
- The submitting author should choose one of the topics below:
- Skull base
- Neurovascular Surgery
- Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Education, Ethics, Socio-Economic
- Global Neurosurgery
Editing your Submission
- You may make any edits until the submission deadline on June 30-2021, at 18:00 hours. Edits would include changing the title, adding or deleting authors or changing the abstract body. Once the review process begins, no changes to the submissions are allowed; no exceptions. Please note that any typographical or spelling errors, improperly formatted titles, etc., will NOT be edited by anyone at the WFNS. It is the responsibility of the submitter to review and verify all work submitted.
- Submissions will be reviewed and scored by independent reviewers to ensure high quality scientific submissions are selected for presentation at the meeting. The following criteria will be used to score submissions:
- Significance of the abstract for neurosurgery,
- Innovativeness of ideas, methods and or approach,
- Rigor of methods and approach (analytical design for research, systematic approach for practice and/or policy),
- Presentation of empirical findings (not applicable if abstract does not present empirical research),
- Implications identified for future research, practice and/or policy, and
- Clarity of writing.
- Notifications of the Abstract Selection Committee's decision will be sent May 30, 2021 via email to the corresponding authors of all abstracts, regardless of the outcome.
- As Presenting Author, if you accept to present either an Oral Presentation or Poster, you must register and attend the WFNS 2021 Congress. Registration must be completed by June 30, 2021. If the presenting author does not complete registration by above date all accepted abstracts submitted by the presenting author will be declined.
- If you are unable to attend the WFNS 2021 Congress, a Change of Presenting Author Form must be completed and submitted by the registration deadline date of June 30, 2021. The new Presenting Author must then fulfill the registration requirement or the abstract will be declined. Fill out the form here and forward the completed form to No changes will be made without receipt of the completed form, including updated disclosure information. After the changes, all correspondence will then be addressed and sent to the new Presenting Author.
Important Dates for the WFNS 2021 Congress
- Submission Site Opens — April 04, 2020.
- Submission Site Closes — March 01 – 2021 at 18:00 hours.
- Abstract Notifications — Emails will be sent in May 30, 2021 to each submission’s presenting author.
- Deadline for Presenting Author Change Form – June 30, 2021.
Deadline for Presenting Author to Complete Registration – June 30, 2021. The Presenting Authors for both Oral Presentations and E-posters must be registered by this date.